In this section we are going to learn how to create the data needed to import your SAST testing into SPA.
Step 1: Download the South Australian Spelling template.
1b: Save the file to your computer
Once you have clicked on the template your computer will either download the file directly to your downloads folder or it will ask you where you would like to save the file.
Save the file to a location where you can easily access it.
Step 2: Open the Template
Open the downloaded template. Making sure to click "Enable Macros" when opening the file.
Once opened it should look like this.
Step 3: Select the test you would like to mark.
- Click on the appropriate button to select the correct Test Booklet proforma to complete.
Step 4: Fill out all of the information in Column A-F
For each student
- Enter the Date (when test was sat) (pay attention to the correct date format dd/mm/yy
- Year Level
- Date Of Birth
- Student Name (first and last)
- Student ID (Student No.)
Please Note! These are self marking templates. Please be very careful not to remove the formatting on the cells and any formulas that are in them otherwise the templates will not work correctly.
Step 5: Entering the Student Responses
For each question you have 3 options to enter the results
1. Enter their response Y/N or A,B,C,D depending on the template (their score will be calculated automatically)
2. Enter their Raw Score (Spelling Age will be calculated automatically)
3. Enter their Speling Age in the following format (yy.mm) eg 10.01 would be 10 years 1 month. 10.11 would be 10 years 11 months
Step 6: Save the file
Once you have entered all the results into the template you are now ready to save the file to your computer.