A Report Run is simple a reporting period. This might be a Report Run for Whole School Term 1 Reports, or Whole School Semester 1 Reports or a Ter, 4 Report Run just for the Year 10 students in the school. These Report Runs will have one or more Formats assigned to them.Groups of students/cohorts will need to be assigned to the different formats so that the system knows what format should be populated for each student. We will discuss assigning cohorts to formats later in the mannual.
Part 1: Understanding Report Runs and Formats
Navigate to the Design Report Section inside the menu
Once you navigate to the Design Report Run section in the menu the first list you see is a list of all the report runs you have designed in our system.
From here you can do lots of things.
- You can edit a report run design.
- Copy a report run design so you can use it as a template for a new report run.
- Archive off a report run when you are done with it.
- Delete a report run if you no longer want it (this will permanently remove this report run and all results attached to this report run from the system!! So be careful!)
- And finally we can create a brand new report run.
Creating a new Report Run and add Formats.
Step 1. You will need to give your report run a name
Step 2. Choose which reporting period this report run will be assigned to.
Step 3. '+ Add Format'. Each report run will need at least one format. But you may want multiple formats.
What are these report formats?
There are a few different reasons why you might have multiple report formats. Let's discuss some of these.
- One reason might be if you are a large school with students in both Primary and Secondary school. You would only have one reporting period for the whole school let's say Semester 1 2016 but you don't report the same way for Primary School students as you do for Secondary School students. This is the reason for "Report Formats" They let you have different types of reports all in the same single overall reporting period. Each report format lets you have a different layout, summary page and sections of that report. All with different classes and students. You can also create different cover pages, letters to parents for each different format.
- Another reason for having different report formats could be that you want to report differently for students in lets say Prep- Year 2 and a different style of report for students in Year 3 & 6
- Another reason could be to design a completely different looking report format for students on Individualised Learning Plans.
There are a lot of different reasons why you might want to have different report formats. The software has been designed with the flexibility for you to be able to setup the reports anyway you would like.
We have included two report format templates for you to start off with and an empty format from you to start from scratch.
- The Primary Report Format has been pre designed to meet the requirements of most Primary Schools
- The Secondary Report Format has been pre designed to mee the requirements of most Secondary Schools
Feel free to use these templates as a starting point for your report. You can edit them anyway you would like from there.